Remodel Radio offers remote consulting services for clients who want to undergo a quality residential remodeling or building project but do not want to pay the retail cost of hiring a full service licensed general contractor or Design-Build firm.
General outline of consulting process
- Initial consultation with client to assess project viability and homeowners aptitude to handle managing their own project
- Work with client to create and complete the Scope Development process (4 documents)
- Design-create or oversee the design (blueprints) required to see the project on paper and/or in 3-d renderings if needed
- Specifications- help create all the written detailed specifications for each item of work that needs to be completed
- Budget- help create a detailed budget of the entire job from start to finish
- Schedule- help create a target schedule for the entire job
- Cloud based construction management application to manage all 4 points of the Scope Development process on a single platform. Clients will have full access to this application and will manage their project through it, which will give them 100% transparency and access to all documents through a single source
- Completion of Scope Development process
- Option 1- Clients will apply for their own permit and assume all the responsibilities and duties of the General Contractor for the duration of the job
- Option 2- will assist clients in finding a licensed contractor to act as the GC and pull the building permit
- Provide consultation guidance and recommendations for action, both verbally and in writing along the course of the project as needed.
- Provide access to various trade resources and providing feedback where possible
- Provide consulting services, specifically in helping clients with due diligence and with entering into individual agreements with vendors and subcontractors including but not limited to:
- Contract price
- Payment schedule
- References and background
- Licenses and insurance
- Client will manage (GC if applicable) and all subcontractors and vendors directly and enter into separate contracts and pay each one respectively
- Client assumes all responsibility for every aspect of the job and understands that Remodel Radio does not guarantee or warranty any portion or aspect of the job.